Tuesday 8 May 2012

Me Made May'12 Day 5, 6, 7 and 8

I already have quite a number of clothes that I have made myself, some of them dating back over a decade (well I have been sewing for nearly 30 years). But participating in Me Made May gives me a really good excuse to make some more.

Day 5

I made this t-shirt yesterday, I'm not sure how much I like it yet, I think I would prefer it to be a little more fitting.  I also made the jeans, I usually live in jeans and I don't think I could go a month without jeans.  However, I think I must have recycled a zip when I was making them and it refuses to say up, so I think I'm going to have to replace it before i wear them again.


Day 6


This is a dress I made many years ago and I can't remember the last time I wore it.  I am not one of those people who gets rid of something if it's not been worn in the last year, especially if it is something I have made myself.

Day 7


Two more things that I made many years ago, in fact I think they both must be over ten years old (in fact I had forgotten I even had the trousers).  But at least that means that I'm not any bigger than I was ten years ago.

Day 8


I think this skirt will be a frequent participant this month.  It is very comfortable and goes with my Aubergine El Natralista shoes.  The top I made last week, with material that had been hanging around for a while, it's just a simple grey cotton, so I jazzed it up with some buttons. 



This is the button detail.



Doesn't Hagrid look handsome in these photos?

0 comments: