Sunday 2 October 2011

Dr Who?


I have no qualms about saying that I am a huge Sci-fi geek, how could I not be when I share my birthday with Gene Roddenberry. I am also a major league Steven Moffat fan, having watched him from the very beginning. Technically I should have been too old for "Press Gang", but that didn't stop me watching and loving it. So to say that I love the Steven Moffat iteration of "Dr Who" would be an understatement.

Last night saw the season finale of "Dr Who", and many questions answered, but oh so many more asked. How am I going to last until next autumn for the next season of Who? At least there is the Christmas Special to look forward to, I am counting the days.

But there is one little thing filling the sci-fi void that Dr Who has left and that is the network premier of JJ Abrams "Star Trek". It doesn't matter that we have the film on DVD, that we wnet to see it three times at the cinema, including once in IMAX.I will still be watching it on Channel 4 tonight.


Who would have thought that two science fiction shows created in the 1960's would still be going strong and entertaining audiences over forty years later. Personally I think that's just brilliant.

0 comments: